ScaleIT Capital is an advisory firm specialized in supporting the scaling and internationalization of the best scaleups from Italy and Southeast Europe. The company has developed an event-platform that presents every year the best scaleups from Italy and Southeast Europe in the digital and software space to international VC funds to raise 3-30 million and expand globally. The company also offers advisory services to corporates in the open innovation field.
The firm is looking for a:
EVENT & COMMUNICATION MANAGER
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will report directly to the founding partner and will be able to manage the following activities directly and with the coordination and support of the partner and the rest of the team:
- Oversee event management and planning from concept to execution, coordinating all the stakeholders involved (location, suppliers, partners, marketing, staff, etc.) and making sure events come out on time and within budget
- Source and visit and negotiate terms with potential event locations
- Coordinate suppliers
- Communicate with partners and keep them involved
- Plan marketing strategy and execute it for each event
- Coordinate internal and external event staff
- Liaise with speakers/VIP guests
- Create and implement a marketing and communications plan throughout the year, in concert with the digital communication agency
- Manage ScaleIT’s Twitter and LinkedIn social media profiles
- Coordinate our PR efforts in concert with the PR agencies, develop relations with sector-specific media
- Participate in sponsorship fundraising campaigns to onboard corporate partners
Required Skills and Experiences
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor/s in related field
- At least 5-10 years professional experience in the marketing-communications and event management fields in an international environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Success in communications and outreach (writing and press coverage samples required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to deliver effective presentations
- Strong interest in the ScaleIT’s mission and the venture capital space. Experience in the field will be considered a plus
- Italian and English professional proficiency (3rd language is a plus)
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Powerpoint. Graphic design and publishing experience will be considered an important plus
- High level of comfort with social media and online community building
The contract will be part-time for the first 6 months and then full time with adequate compensation related to the candidate’s ability and experience.
Work place: Milan, with possibility to travel for short periods.
The data will be processed and stored exclusively for purposes of present and future selection processes, guaranteeing the rights set out in the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/03. The research is aimed at candidates of both sexes (Law 903/77).
Applications that do not meet the requirements described above will not be considered.