Job Offer: Head of Platform
ScaleIT Capital is an advisory firm specialized in supporting the scaling and internationalization of the best scaleups from Italy and Southeast Europe. The company has developed an event-platform that presents every year the best scaleups from Italy and Southeast Europe in the digital and software space to international VC funds to raise 3-30 million and expand globally. The company also offers advisory services to corporates in the open innovation field.
The firm is looking for a:
HEAD OF PLATFORM
in Milan, Italy
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will report directly to the founding partner and/or the Board and will be able to manage activities directly and with the coordination and support of the partners and the rest of the team. We are looking for a confident, positive, high-energy Head of Platform with a personality that thrives in culturally diverse environments. You will help us build the ScaleIT project by owning the following responsibilities:
- Business Development
- Sell to corporate partners the company advisory services on open innovation and access to the platform. You will be in charge of the sales pipeline.
- Develop new products and services to corporates, scaleups and investors both offline and through a software platform. Develop new platforms in different geographies/verticals.
- Develop relationships with founders, C-level executives, Innovation managers, Venture Capitalists and alumni within the tech ecosystem in Italy and SE Europe.
- Coordinate partner onboarding and account management for every incoming commercial project.
- Portfolio Operations. Engage and support our portfolio companies, leading the infrastructure and processes to increase ScaleIT’s ability to address their most pressing problems.
- Community Building. Implement initiatives to build and engage our community of founders, partners and supporters. Assist in planning portfolio and public events. Facilitate relationships between ScaleIT alumni and our corporate partners.
- Wildcard. Tell us what else we should be doing to build a great venture capital platform. You can lead these initiatives and we’ll support you. While this is not an investing role, you will get ample exposure to the fund activity, the venture capital industry and startups/scaleups in general.
Required Skills and Experiences
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor/s in business administration, engineering or related field
- Approx. 10 years professional experience, preferably in strategic / IT consultancy, venture capital platform management or scaleups business development, in an international environment
- Proven sales track record, negotiation and closing skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Outstanding project management, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to deliver effective presentations
- Experience developing and leading relationship building activities, and demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new or on-going business opportunities
- Knowledge of open innovation dynamics between corporates and startups
- Experience cultivating communities will be an important plus
- Experience working in the tech and startup community will be considered a plus
- Italian and English professional proficiency (3rd language is a plus)
- Exceptional responsibility mindset, work ethic, and initiative taking
- Strong writer and communicator with an interest in technology and venture capital
The contract will be full time with adequate compensation related to the candidate’s ability and experience and include a significant stock option plan to become a relevant shareholder of the company.
Workplace: Milan, with possibility to travel for short periods.
The data will be processed and stored exclusively for purposes of present and future selection processes, guaranteeing the rights set out in the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/03. The research is aimed at candidates of both sexes (Law 903/77).
Applications that do not meet the requirements described above will not be considered.